Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Casual Dress the easy way



I received this email yesterday from a student who goes to my school, asking me about our upcoming "Free Day Day" (casual dress day), which happens to be taking place tomorrow.

"My school is having a free dress day later this week. I was wondering what i should wear. I have all the clothes but no inspiration. Help!"



It can be difficult to find something to wear when you've got so many clothes. I, for one, am constantly confronted with a wardrobe full of clothes, but no idea what to wear. I'm a fussy fashionista who won't wear the same outfit in the space of a month. Layering and mixing outfits can help to give your style a new healthy vibe and make you feel fabulous, so i would suggest that as a start this cold season.

As I am aware school casual dress days concern enclosed shoes, sleeved shirts and clean hemlines. With this in mind I would suggest a pair of ballet flats or ankle boots. The trends I would probably wear a bohemian dresses; with stockings, sheer shirts, skinny jeans and aline skirts. Try one trend at a time though, unless you're pairing aline skirts or skinny jeans with sheer shirts.


Makeup should remain neutral with jewelry at a minimum, as to coincide with the school rules. Remember to style your hair in an up-do rather than letting it free, as nits are always feasting away in schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment