Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How do I wear Sheer?



Looking over my messages in my email inbox this afternoon for a question to answer i came across, one that is a very fashion-related question indeed.

"I love how you put your own outfits up sometimes. I saw a photo of you in a cream shirt, that you wore for a party that had ruffling and was slightly see through. Now I've been seeing them everywhere. What are they called, where can I buy them and how can I pull it off like everyone else has?"



Well, Sheer shirts seem to be my new favourite trend, i have them in purple, cream and black. This is the name of the shirt you found on my space, which i wore to my mother's 40th. I bought this specific one at Dotti but they are also avaliable in Bardot and Miss Shop @ Myer.

I first found out about Sheer shirts in "Shop" magazine, although they didn't have much on how to wear them, just where to buy them. Interesting thought really, how do you wear Sheer?



Of course you need to wear another singlet underneath, as not to expose yourself. It is suggested to wear with a hipster style jean or short or with a plain aline skirt. Do not wear with ruffles! If you are thinking of wearing this with a rara skirt or highwaisted pants think again! There is a reason why they say one statement piece at a time and sheer tops certainly clarify as a statement piece. Wear them with elegant jewelry such as pendant necklaces, pearl earrings or a pandora bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment