Saturday, July 26, 2008

Japanese Love Instalment 01 (27/07/08)


Good Afternoon My Sweetharts,

As I have probably told you before, I am going to Japan in less than two months with an tourist group, with some of my closest friends inclusive. We will be traveling to Kyoto, Hiroshima and Tokyo as well as many other fabulous destinations in the tech-savvy Tourist Favourite.

Each week, starting today, I shall share with you something new that I have learnt, through research, about Japan and the lifestyle there. Hopefully through this you, as well as I, will know enough to survive there, without looking like total aliens.

Today is all about, what else, what I expect or believe to experience and see in Japan. These myths shall be defeated or defended, when I arrive back home, or during stay there (if I am allowed Blogging time).



*CHOPSTICKS - I am hoping they will not be compulsory as I have a great deal of trouble with them. So It's more so me hoping that there is Western cutlery avaliable aswell (knives, forks and spoons).




*TEMPLES - I have it in my mind that, whether it's true or not, there are temples everywhere in Japan. I'm preparing to visit or at least see one everyday on the tour.




*FAT ANYBODY? - This is a myth I am hoping, for Aussie sake, is not true. We all know Japan is a home to many fast food outlets, also found over here, such as McDonalds, KFC and Red Rooster. It is believed that only Western tourists eat from there, as they have little care for Japan's own traditional food outlets.



*MARKET MANIA - All the travel shows describe Japan as a home to the biggest flea markets in the world. Is this true? Are they really that big?



*Harajuku girls - Is this what all the teens in harajuku dress like, or is this the catwalk interpretation? Do you see girls walking about the flea markets in costumes and bright hair dye?


No comments:

Post a Comment